Established and always growing Condo/Homeowner Association Management Company in Dallas seeks an experienced staff accountant to join their team. Great benefits include employer match 401(k), subsidized healthcare, accrued vacation and personal time.
This position requires a strong background in accounting as well as strong computer skills. The Staff Accountant is responsible for month end closing and financial statement preparation for multiple associations. This position is extremely fast-paced. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, be able to work well under pressure, meet hard deadlines, and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Month-end closing and financial preparation for multiple entities with varying attributes.
- Process and review monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations; including accruals, prepaids, amortization, adjustments, and reclassifications.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP regulations for not for profit organizations.
- Maintains strong documentation standards and audit trails to support all transactions.
- Conducts research on any outstanding or unexplained items.
- Reviews expense coding and approves invoices in the A/P system.
- Assists with review of association shortfall funding requests.
- Responds to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness, making recommendations to the Accounting Leadership team.
- Process monthly bank account transfers.
- Analyzes and posts end-of-year audit entries.
- Download lockbox files from the bank website, make corrections as necessary.
- Set up new clients in the financial system.
- Prepare monthly billings and HOA collections statements.
- Budget development assistance and administration.
- Support Property Managers and Association Boards as requested.
- Other duties or projects as deemed necessary by Management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required. Minimum of two years of experience required. Property Management industry experienced preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel. Excellent communication skills. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices, ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently. Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize workload, meet hard and fast deadline. Must be a team player. Must possess strong analytical skills. Must have a strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills.